When should I make patients aware that they can self-fund their treatment?
There are times when it is acceptable to make your patients aware of private self-funded treatments.
- When a patient wants to be seen and treated quickly.
- When a patient does not meet the criteria for NHS treatment.
- When you and your patient want to choose the consultant they see.
How quickly could a self-funding patient be given an appointment at the hospital?
- Your patients will be offered an appointment for routine outpatient consultation with a non- specified consultant, within 72 hours (3 working days.) Urgent appointments are available on the same day.
- Your patient can choose to wait longer for an appointment if they prefer an alternative date, or if they wish to wait for a specific consultant.
Will a self-funding patient always be seen by a consultant?
- Private patient care is always led by a fully qualified consultant, who is listed on the specialist register for their area of expertise. Ramsay clinical governance policy means you and your patients can be reassured of the highest standard of clinical care. Our consultant profile register allows you /or Ramsay staff to guide your patient to the specialist best suited to their need.
- Self–pay patient care is led by the same consultant for each visit of an episode of care. Continuity of care provides an efficient care pathway, and improves patient satisfaction.
- Friendly, professional clinical teams support the consultant.
Will self-funding patients have access to fast diagnostic services and results?
Rapid access to Diagnostic Services and fast track reporting means that your patients will receive the result of their tests early, thus offering peace of mind or allowing treatment to commence sooner, helping to ensure the best possible clinical outcomes.
What benefits will self-funding patients receive by choosing Ramsay?
- Ramsay provides a patient focused approach to ensure the hospital visit is as easy as possible. Ramsay hospitals offer free car parking, timed appointments, longer appointment times, comfortable waiting areas, and where possible one stop diagnostics.
How can I make a private referral?
- The Ramsay online referral system via www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/patientreferral
- Via the GP Hotline on 0203 733 5081
Will self-funding patients receive a fixed price package?
After the initial consultation with the chosen consultant, we will quote an inclusive, fixed price* for any procedures or surgery. A finance scheme is also available. Pre diagnostic tests are not included.
* Inclusive Care fixed price – terms and conditions apply, please ask for details.
Will referring patients privately benefit the NHS?
Referring your patient privately to West Valley Hospital not only benefits your patient but also saves the NHS money and resources to continue caring for other patients.
Please pass on our contact details to your patients who want treatment quickly.