Search For A Specialist
Miss Shahnaz Akbar is a Consultant Gynaecologist, Obstetrician and subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery in London.
Miss Akbar’s practice covers the range of gynaecological procedures and consultations, with a particular interest in:
• All aspects of infertility treatments/ treating same sex couples./ One Stop Fertility Services/Male infertility
• Well Woman Clinic
• Early pregnancy / Recurrent miscarriages
• Emergency gynaecological problems
• Menorrhagia /menstrual problems
• Complex fibroid management /treating JW patients
• Ovarian cysts
• Gynaecological Ultrasound scanning
• Paedatric /Adolescent Gynaecology
• Laparoscopic /Hysteroscopic surgeries
• Hysterectomy, Myomectomy , Ovarian cyst surgeries.
• Fertility improving surgeries
Miss Akbar is linked with renowned fertility /IVF centres in Europe and other countries.
She has in-depth knowledge of:
• Natural cycle monitoring
• Ovulation induction /Oral /Injections
• Intra-uterine insemination
• Frozen embryo treatment cycles
• IVF with Egg /Sperm donation
• Blastocyst transfer and assisted hatching
• Gamete donation
• Services for couples having fertility treatments abroad
Miss Akbar provides a safe and responsive service to all her patients requiring emergency gynaecological surgery, such as:
• Severe pain and/or bleeding
• Bleeding in pregnancy
• Excessive vomiting in pregnancy
• Symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease
• General gynaecological treatment
She is an expert in the medical and surgical treatment of:
• Ectopic Pregnancies
• Uterine anomalies
• Ovarian cysts
• Paediatric Gynaecology
She provides one-stop diagnosis with ultrasound scans and a management plan for her patients. She specialises in Subfertility, PCOS, Fibroids, Endometriosis, menstrual disorders, early pregnancy problems / recurrent miscarriages , Adolescent / Paediatric Gynaecology , Post reproductive Health /Menopausal problems and provides both minimal access and open surgeries.
With over 30 years of experience in treating women and couples across the range of gynaecological and fertility issues, Miss Akbar prides herself in providing a tailored and personal care for all her patients.
She is a member /fellow of the RCOG London, member of the British Fertility Society, British Menopause Society, European Society of Human Reproduction & Embryology, She is a RCOG preceptor of Advanced Training Skills Modules in Fertility / Assisted Conception and pelvic ultrasound scanning, she has counselling skills and qualifications.
She is a keen teacher, International speaker and has research interests.