Search For A Specialist
Mr Vijay Wagh is a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Surrey who specialises in Cataract, Oculoplastics and External Eye diseases
Mr Wagh has particular expertise in modern phako-emulsification cataract surgery including implantation of toric and multifocal lens implants to improve astigmatism and near vision. His special interests include oculoplastic surgery of the eyelids and surrounding structures including surgery of the tear drainage system. He also has experience in managing blepharitis and dry eyes with the most up to date treatments available.
Mr Wagh welcomes referrals for:
• Cataract Surgery: Micro incision cataract surgery in complex cases, phacoemulsification, laser cataract surgery; complex cataract surgery, toric and multifocal lens implants to correct astigmatism and near vision. YAG LASER Capsulotomy for after cataract.
• Oculoplastic and aesthetic surgery, eyelid surgery, sacrimal (tear duct) surgery for watery eyes, minor plastic surgery procedures such as the removal of moles & skin tags and eyelid lesions, eye socket surgery.
• External eye disease: dry eye and sjogren’s syndrome, skin-related ocular surface problems: ocular rosacea, allergic eye disease, pterygium.
M.D. in Ophthalmology
Mr Wagh is a UK trained eye surgeon (ophthalmologist) working within London/Surrey/Croydon. During his medical education, he was selected for many prestigious awards and a 3 year MD program. Mr Wagh trained in Ophthalmology in London, including Moorfields Eye Hospital before undertaking a fellowship in St Thomas' Hospital. During this period, he was actively involved in teaching medical students. His work involved pioneering research into long term outcome in laser eye surgery and corneal crosslinking.
Mr Wagh has several publications in international journals and has delivered several lectures both nationally and internationally in his chosen field. He is passionate about both teaching and modern technology, incorporating his videos of operations and special imagery into his tutorials.
A family man, Mr Wagh has 2 young boys that take up most of his free time. He does however find time to enjoy swimming and play badminton and cricket.
1. Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London, UK (No. 5794)
2. European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
3. American Academy of Ophthalmology
4. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
5. Moorfields Alumni Association, London, UK
Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
I was quite nervous about having the operation on my eyes but the moment I met Mr Wagh I felt confident. The procedure was carried out with precision and the team around Mr Wagh were so reassuring too. I am so glad I found Mr Wagh and would urge anyone who needs to have cataract surgery to visit him at The Croydon Day hospital you will have made the right choice.Patricia Miller
The whole experience from the start was made so much easier, because Mr Wagh took the time during the consultation to do the extensive tests, explain the procedure and options and to answer my numerous questions. At no time was I worried, in fact I couldn't wait to get the operation done. I had cataracts removed from both eyes in 2 separate procedures. Mr Wagh kept me informed throughout my 2 times at the hospital. Both operations were quick and painless, although the second was slightly more uncomfortable, but Mr Wagh did explain why. I had slight soreness after both operations, which didn't surprise me, but from the following day I had no problems and have been amazed by the improvement in my vision. I would recommend this operation and Mr Wagh to anybody who needs itCataract Patient